Junior UX Researcher
Ideal candidates will be located in the UK or EMEA time zones.
About Lupl: Lupl is the Collaboration Platform for Legal. It makes it easy for legal professionals and their clients to work together, within and between law firms, corporate legal departments, and other organizations. It combines powerful native communication, collaboration, document sharing, knowledge and legal project management functionality with the option to plug and play with a range of integrated third-party systems. The Lupl platform was beta-tested for a year prior to its Early Adopter Program launch in April 2021 and its Global Release in November 2021.
Working at Lupl: Lupl itself is the result of a unique collaboration between an international group of law firms and legal departments. And working at Lupl provides an opportunity for collaboration, challenge, and reward. Join an exciting and dynamic startup aiming to support a rapidly changing legal industry, while remaining dedicated to maintaining a diverse workplace that values and celebrates differences. You’ll work with a highly energetic, entrepreneurial, and international team who are passionate about our platform and our company.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone at Lupl.
We’re looking for a Junior UX Researcher/Designer to join the Product Research & Design team at Lupl. If you would like to contribute to both research and UX design, this role is for you. Not only will you be involved in establishing an ongoing research practice using Lean UX as a framework, but you will also be able to ideate solutions from your findings and help write guidelines for possible approaches. This should allow you to flex a variety of UX muscles.
- We work in a collaborative environment and you’ll assist with:
- Determining research needs and the relevant method to be used (usability testing, contextual research, interviewing, online surveys, etc.)
- Uncovering and understanding user and business goals and requirements
- Conducting user research (recruiting, organizing, scheduling, interviewing, gathering findings, presenting)
- Helping to facilitate workshops Ideating from findings (creating flows, wireframing, prototyping)
We’re looking for:
- 1-2+ years related work experience
- An online portfolio or a PDF of case studies (please include a URL)
- Your portfolio or cover letter should explain your exact role for each project
- Must have examples of which user-centered design processes, usability best practices, and interaction design principles guided your approach
- During interviews, we will ask about what you learned and if or how you would approach it differently
- Experience with industry-standard design software such as Figma is a plus
- Experience using web analytics data to inform design decisions is a plus
- Understanding that working remotely means having to dig for requirements instead of waiting
- But really, tell us how you best learn and feel motivated to continue on this career path
If you don’t meet 100% of these qualifications but you know you have what it takes to rock this job, we encourage you to apply!
Physical Demand and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: The employee is frequently required to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer to produce typed/written copy, free of errors, without the assistance of another person. The employee is regularly required to read, speak, hear, and communicate clearly and effectively.
Work environment: Lupl is primarily a distributed team. This role may involve an in-office and/or work-from-home environment. Lupl uses standard office equipment that includes, but is not limited to, computers, telephones, multi-function devices (print/copy/scan), books and files. While performing the duties of this job within an office, the employee may be exposed to various components of an office environment such as florescent lighting, pollen, dust, recycled air, VDTs, semi-enclosed areas, central heating and air conditioning and office noise.
Safety expectations: Exercise care in the course of work to prevent injuries to oneself and co-workers
Diversity, equity, and inclusion statement: We strive to create an inclusive and rewarding environment that allows our people to thrive both professionally and personally. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the company will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The firm does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, age, medical condition, sexual orientation, sexual preference, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, veteran status or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including but not limited to, recruitment, selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, promotion, termination and access to benefits and training.
General sign-off: Specific duties for this position will be assigned; the requirements may vary from time to time, depending on the needs of the company. In addition to being able to perform the demands, a Lupl employee will be required to meet personal and education, physical, medical, safety and other requirements established by the company for this position.
Get started with Lupl.
Get started in less time than it takes to make a cup of coffee.